Elite Staffing LLC, a premier staffing firm located in Sioux City, IA, is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Maintenance Mechanic for our client company.
- Works on all mechanical repairs on plant equipment.
- Works on minor electrical repairs as needed.
- Performs all PM work as needed on equipment.
- Ability to read blue prints and simple wiring schematics.
- Ability to use hand and power tools correctly.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays on a rotating schedule and added hours when needed.
- Adheres to safe work practices, follows GMP’s, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Required to go to multiple locations.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distances.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- Drivers’ License Required