Elite Staffing LLC is seeking qualified candidates for a Medical Receptionist with one of our clients in Sioux City. The Medical Receptionist serves patients by greeting and helping them; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and accounts.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Check in patients as they arrive for scheduled appointments.
- Scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Answering patients’ questions.
- Maintaining the reception area.
- Scan all patient documents into the EMR system.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, updating, filing, and retrieving personal and financial information.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Medical Terminology
- Telephone Skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Word Processing
- Quality Focus