Our client is seeking a Lead Drafter to prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architect. Qualified applicant will have a construction background with strong structural steel experience. You must be familiar with the steel standards according to the AISC and knowledge of building codes. Strong communication skills essential, and the ability to conceptualize new concepts or ideas a BIG plus. Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Aggressive compensation package and relocation reimbursement for qualified applicant.
- Lead Draftsman requires strong leadership abilities, with specific and active listening skills to convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Ability to delegate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Confer with Engineering, Purchasing, Superintendent, Draftsmen, and directly report to Division Manager on design implementation of drawings and plans.
- Daily maintain active drafting/detailing responsibilities.
- 4+ years of experience
- Associate’s degree (2 year college or technical school) preferred
- Knowledge of AISC, AWS D1.1, ASTM A6