We are looking for a reliable LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) to care for psychiatry patients. You will work under the supervision of a Board Certified Psychiatrist and Office Manager. LPN professionals must be first and foremost qualified and compassionate. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing diverse basic care to those who need it while remaining patient and calm. Patient care is of the utmost importance for this clinic.
- Record a patient’s medical history accurately
- Run and administer medication through IV treatment
- Observe patients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications etc.
- Monitor patients’ condition including fluid intake and output and compose patient charts
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed
- Communicate with patients’ family or friends to provide advice, comfort and release instructions
- Proven experience as LPN or similar role
- Ability to run IV
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of medical and hospital terminology
- Good knowledge of MS Office and data entry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and able to handle stress
- Successful completion of LPN license program is a must