Elite Staffing, Siouxland’s Premier Staffing agency, is searching for candidates for Maintenance Planner for a client company in Harlan, IA.
This position, which reports to the Plant engineer, is responsible for the efficient and effective use of planning and scheduling resources who perform maintenance at the facility. The primary objective is to minimize downtime and maximize productivity.
- Principle contact and liaison between the maintenance department and operations planning. Ensures that the area, department, or facility in which PM work is assigned receives professional maintenance service in a timely manner.
- Gather information for and prepare Preventative Maintenance tasks (PM’s).
- Review all planned work requests from assigned areas, determine the validity and accuracy of information, and engage the appropriate resources to set a priority.
- Obtain and organize all information required for the mechanics to perform the work: drawings, vendor manual, supplemental instructional materials, special procedures, and other file material which is appropriate. Verifies that all material, information, tools and labor are available prior to scheduling.
- Provide a total cost estimate for the work to be performed: labor, material, and outside services.
- Works with Maintenance leads, supervisors and planners to determine resource availability and work to level the work force.
- Actively participate in scheduling meetings with operation partners to finalize the priority of work orders, optimum downtime windows, and necessary lead times.
- Follow up and communicates schedule to all resources: maintenance, production, outside services, stores and engineering.
- Manage a backlog of work orders which require major or significant portion of the facility to be shutdown.
- Continuously improves the job estimate, planning and scheduling by receiving feedback from maintenance supervisors, maintenance leads, production supervisors, engineers and production planners.
- Keep accurate metrics on the performance of planning and scheduling functions and provide timely reports to the maintenance manager.
- Maintain and continually update Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) records for the facility in order to provide accurate time and cost detail by asset, department and mechanic.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications:
- 3 or more years of manufacturing maintenance, purchasing, inventory, or related experience.
- 2 or more years of experience with computerized maintenance management programs.
- Mechanical/electrical background is necessary. Apprenticeship program or technical school background is desirable.
- Have adequate craft knowledge and skill to accurately estimate labor hours, material requirement and skills needed to complete a job. Must have a demonstrated ability to visualize and communicate the execution of work.
- Demonstrated ability to write and provide simple and accurate instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings. Has the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
- Knowledge and understands the maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling and storeroom processes.
- Can manage multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion.
- Must have a reputation which is respected by production, maintenance labor, maintenance management and store personnel.