JOB LOCATION: Elkhart, IN
Elite staffing is searching for Production Supervisor candidates for a growing, stable company in Elkhart, IN.
The Production Supervisor reports to the Production Manager. Supervisors will be responsible for delegating daily production work to team members and make sure work is done to client standards. Supervisor will demonstrate and promote safe operation of all client’s tools and equipment. Supervisor is responsible for the performance of assigned team to produce a quality product and a foster continuous improvement environment.
- A Supervisor shall be able to show leadership capabilities throughout the production line and be fluent in QC procedures.
- 4+ years of construction manufacturing experience preferred.
- Able to lift 70 lbs and work in hot and cold conditions as different weather patterns occur.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES: The Supervisor employee shall be required to do the following:
- Manage and track all employees times
- Relieve & Correct all inventory consumed in Assembly via Fishbowl Inventory
- Provide input to management regarding team selection and discipline.
- Able to complete duties of all production positions.
- Follow instruction from management
- Train Production I, II, and Lead employees as required
- Help Production I employees reach Integration II and/or Lead status
- Handle situations as they arise with the help of their supervisor when required
- Promote Continuous Improvement daily.
- Conduct periodic performance appraisals with direct reports.
- Hires, disciplines, and reviews team members.
- Plans and organizes weekly crew schedules, coordinating with scheduling
- Conduct print reviews with team members and engineering to assure to meet customers’ demands.
- Coordinating with receiving and purchasing to assure materials are correct and available.
In performing these activities, the Supervisor is required to work under minimal supervision and exercise initiative and report any problems, which may result in customer dissatisfaction, loss of revenues or increased costs.
This position normally requires the individual to be physically present at one or more manufacturing locations Monday through Thursday, 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM but these hours may occasionally be extended to 6:00 to 4:30 on Friday as deemed necessary. Travel and extended hours may be required.
The Supervisor position is a full-time, hourly position and is eligible for overtime and to participate in vacation, medical, 401K and life insurance programs.