Elite Staffing, a premiere executive recruitment firm in Iowa, is searching for a Senior Technical Service Writer to join our clients team in the St. Louis area.
Senior Estimator/ Technical Service Writer’s main function is to interpret the customer’s expectations into a series of tasks and resources associated with the cost of completing these tasks and offer a comprehensive solution to the customer. One must be customer service oriented and keen attention to detail.
- Visit customers and job sites to promote services, perform work site inspections, collect field measurements, attend customer meetings and evaluate bid request information to develop scopes of work (including sub-contractors), cost and resource estimates, project schedules and prepare service offers and scope clarifications
- Analyze customers’ needs and confirm the job scope with customer and regional sales managers
- Receive and process customer requests
- Create job scopes where required, estimate job schedule and resources cost and produce proposal.
- Facilitate commercial negotiations including terms
- Follow up on service opportunities with customers and/or collaborate with regional sales managers
- Drive business growth by creating new opportunities by interacting with customers
- Perform project forensic analysis to facilitate improvement of estimates
- Receive and process customers’ purchase orders, ensuring they comply with proposal terms
- Working with Legal, Safety and Quality departments to meet industry and customers’ expectations.
- Hand over clear and complete project data to execution team and assist with identifying scope variances when necessary
- Accurately log proposal data into company systems
- Comply with company’s policies.
- 5+ years sales/estimating, technical support or performance of hands-on maintenance services to customers using industrial processing equipment in cement or minerals industries
- Planning methodology and systems experience
- Knowledge of typical site operations for cement and minerals
- Ability to travel 20-30%